It is very light and fluffy in the texture. It is for delicate pallets. If you love your supermarket cheesecake you might be disappointed with this one – or vice versa. But rest assure that this is original recipe and how cheesecake should be made – light and fluffy, so you can eat it at any time and you will not feel as you will explode.
When my mum made this cake for my daughter 10th birthday few years ago (as it her favourite), children were saying – this is not cheesecake but it is so nice! I guess they are used to heavier versions. Not to mention that whole 12 inch cake was gone between 8 kids!!
Cake takes minimum 3 h from the baking until is ready on the table, but it is worth and you can make it in advance and it is not hard – just follow precisely the instructions below! Read them first before start making it and if you have any questions email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Butter the round silicon mould – 12/13 inch and then put flour over it and shake out excess flour.
2. Place cake mould in big baking dish that can fit round silicon mould comfortably and fill baking dish with 2- 3cm of water, so that water would come to half way of the silicon mould. Be careful – no water in the mould – just outside in the baking dish!!
3. Put fan oven on 170 degrease.
4. Whip ricotta cheese until smooth with the mixer (or you can exercises your arms 😊). Add mascarpone cheese and blend it together. Add eggs slowly and keep mixing on slow speed. Add sugar and mix it.
5. Then add the following items at the same time and keep mixing it on slow speed: 3tbls flour, 3tbls corn starch, 1tbls vanilla, juice of ½ lemon
6. When above is mixed add 450 g of sour cream and mix on slow speed!
7. Now put the mixture in the buttered silicon dish and place it in the oven for 1h. Be careful – this is heavy and do not spill the water in the cake.
8. Check after 1h and if it is not too runny the paste (you can check this by touching the middle) switch the oven off and leave cheese cake for another 20 minutes to rest in the oven. The middle should be still very soft and runny – just not too runny. If too runny, leave it for further 10min to bake and then leave it for further 20 min to rest.
9. Then take cake out of the oven and then out of the baking tray and leave cake to rest outside for ½ h on the racks to cool down and then place it in the fridge for 1h. After 1 f carefully take it out of the mould and put it on the plate.
10. Put grill on and place cake underneath the grill. Keep moving it around until cakes is nice brown all around – this should take 1 min. If not too confident in the kitchen, you can skip this step, as this just gives nice look, should you wish to serve cheesecake on its own.
11. Decorate cheesecake with any summer berries that you wish, or you can serve it with berry coulee.